The QUILTBAG is an LGBTQ* retail shop carrying queer & trans wares in Edmonton AB. QUILTBAG is a fun-to-say variation of the LGBTQ* acronym. It stands for queer, questioning, unlabelled, intersex, lesbian, trans, two-spirit, bisexual, asexual, gay, genderqueer, and more.
The shop carries an always changing assortment of custom and curated used & new clothing; accessories like pins, pronoun buttons, patches, stickers; art and books by queer & trans artists; small gifts; trans gear including chest binders and compression underwear.Accessibility Info
- The QUILTBAG is located at 7603 104 Street (Calgary Trail). Look for an old wooden & brick building across from the 7-11 on the corner of 76 Ave & Calgary Trail
- The shop is, unfortunately, located up a set of 6 steps; there is no elevator or ramp in the building
- Accepted payment options include cash, credit card, and debit (tap only, no swipe or chip); if none of those options work for you, talk to us and we'll figure out a way!
- There is a single stall all gender washroom in the building, shared with other tenants
- Lighting is natural light and white LED bulbs in a mix of cool white and warm white
- The #52 bus stops right outside the building. It's a 5-15 minute walk from Whyte Ave
- There is limited parking on the street along Calgary Trail (2-3 spots) and along 76 Ave south of the building (up to 4 spots, often full). Additional street parking can be found in the Queen Alex neighbourhood, west of Calgary Trail
- We ask that people NOT wear fragrances or scents when visiting the store. The store itself may be lightly scented from smudging and/or a cedar spray made with essential oils
If you have any other questions, ideas, or comments about accessibility or anything else store related, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org